So let me get this straight.
I've been wrapped up with non-political activities for several weeks, and look what happens; everything goes to hell:
1. Dan rather and CBS are crucified over using ***possibly*** bogus memos to support an otherwise well documented case of dereliction of duty pertaining to Generalissimo El Busho. An "investigation" is initiated
! CBS announces that no more news critical of Bush will be aired prior to the election (sob...we're really, really sorry Karl)!
2. Bush loses the first debate
. Big time. Mysterious rectangular bulge on his back is ignored
by mainstream media.
2. Fox publishes self-fabricated
ridiculous quotes attributed to Kerry. Wasn't that silly? No big deal. Ha ha.
3. CIA report acknowledging the total lack of Iraqi WMD's, or even a viable program to produce them is released. The Bush campaign takes this as support for invading Iraq
. The media duly reports that up is down, black is white and war is peace, without comment.
4. Presidential debate number two is internet polled as decisively for Kerry
. The networks change their internet polls to give Bush supporters an opportunity to make it more "even". Astonishingly, that's exactly what happens
5. Sinclair Broadcasting announces that they will pre-empt regular programming just before the election in order to broadcast a 90 minute anti-Kerry smear disguised as a "documentary
". They broadcast in most of the swing states. No opportunity will be given for Kerry to rebut. No memos required, folks. Just a few "Swiftboat Vets".
Our democracy, however flawed, is in bad, bad trouble here. Now we get to see how the culture of TV media giants will be used to end our Noble Experiment. Tell everyone you know to get out the vote. If this bunch gets another four years, there may well be nothing left to vote for in 2008.